Vacancy at the British Chamber of Commerce in Latvia
With over twenty years’ experience in Latvia the British Chamber of Commerce in Latvia (BritCham) fosters and advances opportunities in the business environment as well as supporting trade and investment between Latvia and Great Britain.
The British Chamber of Commerce in Latvia is looking to recruit an Executive Director.
The role of the Executive Director of BritCham includes supporting the principal objectives of the Chamber and ensuring that the operations occur efficiently.
The main responsibilities are:
- Oversight of and responsibility for the efficient running and administration of the day-to-day business of the Chamber;
- Pro-actively suggesting events that will support BritCham’s aims and members’ interests;
- Communication with BritCham members;
- Organising regular meetings of the Board. Preparation of relevant documents, suggestions, and overview of office activity for such meetings, as well as active participation;
- Seeking out and attracting new members;
- Representing BritCham in public and non-governmental entities (both British and Latvian);
- Liaising with and maintaining good relationships with public, governmental and non-governmental organisations including, but not limited to, the British Embassy, other Chambers of Commerce, the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (Latvijas Investīciju un attīstības aģentūra) and the Foreign Investors’ Council in Latvia (Ārvalstu investoru padome Latvijā);
- Any other activity that may reasonably be undertaken by a person holding the office of Executive Director that will enhance the overall aims of BritCham.
- Full time position for an indefinite time period;
- Networking opportunities in an international environment;
- Opportunity to lead the Chamber and incorporate your ideas;
- Office in the “quiet” centre of Riga;
- Health insurance
- Gross salary from 2200 - 2400 EUR
Application Deadline: 24 February 2023
Please send your letter of application and CV to Simon Boddy, Chairman of the Board at email@example.com